On May 1, 1911, the Hospital Board asked the women of the Fraser Valley to form a Hospital Auxiliary. There were thirty-eight women present and four members of the board. The women had been fundraising since 1908 to build a hospital.
“The objects of the Auxiliary are to assist the Board of directors in maintaining the Hospital, and to forward its interests in any way considered desirable by the Auxiliary.”The Constitution and By-Laws of the Chilliwack Hospital Auxiliary
All women were welcome to become members of the Auxiliary, just as they are today.